King’s Lynn’s new visitor moorings are situated on South Quay adjacent to the historic heart of King’s Lynn. The quay itself provides a select choice of bar, restaurant and tea room facilities, whilst all the facilities of the town centre are just a few minutes walk away.
These new visitor pontoons offer a fantastic opportunity to sail directly into and stay at the heart of this truly historic town. The pontoons are easily accessible to sea-going craft, but can also be accessed by craft from the Inland waterway network.
- Maximum length – 20 metres (larger by arrangement)
- Maximum tonnage – 50 tonnes
- Maximum permitted draft – 1.5 metres
- Maximum stay 7 nights
- Charging period per night (until 12.00hrs)
- A vessel may moor on the Pontoons under Safe Haven but standard mooring fees will apply
- Please ensure you book and pay prior to mooring
King’s Lynn Tourist Information Centre, Saturday Market Place, King’s Lynn PE30 5DQ
Tel: 01553 774297
|Electricity provided||All visitor berths (pre-paid card)|
|Water provided||Portable supplies|
|Toilets||Public (5 mins walk) (07:30-18:00)|
|24 hour CCTV coverage|
|Sewerage pump out|
Access into King’s Lynn from the Wash and along the River Great Ouse has restricted access due to tidal conditions and tidal flows.
The main channels are well surveyed and buoyed and are suitable for navigation day and night for any craft.
But navigation outside of the buoyed channels can’t be advised for any leisure craft. Be sure to read our pontoon visitor guide for further information.
Other services available include:
- public car parking
- train station – 10 minutes walk
- bus station – 7 minute walk
- supermarket – 7 minute walk
- laundry facilities – Nearby in town centre
The nearest chandlery is in Brancaster Staithe.
For more information:
- visit the King’s Lynn Conservancy Board for visiting craft and downloadable chart extracts
To view availability before making a booking, please see our Pontoon availability page.